Yobo (Thakazum’s PC)
Yobo is small mutant lizard that lives in the wild by himself. When standing upright he is 1′ tall and his tail is another 1 ½’. He is curious and enjoys exploring the wilderness in search of interesting things to find. For most of his life he stuck to his wilderness range and avoided contact with ‘civilized’ folks.
One day while travelling near an Affiliation village he heard a scream. Investigating he saw a small child about to be attacked by a Kamata. Yobo killed the Kamata and saved the child. Following this event, many of the villagers believe that Yobo is a good luck dragon. Yobo has seen no need to persuade them otherwise and is happy to accept offerings of free food, gold and trinkets. In fact, Yobo’s not sure he isn’t a dragon – he’s never met another one. Yobo’s ‘hoard’ is divided up and hidden in a couple different stashes in the wilderness.
Yobo is becoming quite taken with the whole dragon persona. He claims to be over 5,000 years old (actually 14) and will hold ‘audiences’ with the believer villagers and offer his wisdom on their problems and occasionally serves as a guide for expeditions into the wilds. While quite capable of defending himself, Yobo could be in trouble if the wrong person grows tired of his act or decides a dragon would make a great pet.
Recently, Yobo has accompanied Gene Siskin on his journeys. It through this association with Gene that Yobo has become involved with the Expedition.
Character Name: Yobo (the ‘Great and Powerful’) Primary Player: Thakazum Character Type: Mutant Animal (Lizard) Alignment: Neutral Level: 6th Karma Points: 7 (7/adventure session)
Score Modifiers Strength: 12 +0 Melee Atk, Damage, & Forcing Doors Dexterity: 14 -1 AC, +1 Missile Atk, +1 Initiative Constitution: 13 +0 vs. Poison, +0 vs. Radiation Intelligence: 9 +0% Technology Roll Modifier Willpower: 9 – Charisma: 8 +1 Rx’n Adj, Max 3 Retainers (6 Morale)
Target Number Energy Attacks: 13 Poison or Death: 10 Stun Attacks: 12 Radiation: 11
Base Combat Stats
Hit Points: 37 (37 maximum) Armour Class: 3 (Natural Armour, -2 Dwarfism, -1 DEX)
Attack a Damage Range Bite Attack +2 1d4-2 P Melee
a +1 to hit targets human-sized or larger.
P Successful bite attack injects Class 4 poison (4d6 damage, save for half).
Opponent’s AC ≤-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6
Opponent’s WIL 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ≥19 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 F
- Ability Adjustments: +1 DEX, -1 INT (already included).
- Humanoid Features: Full Biped (complete legs & feet), Full Hands (and arms), Full Speech.
- Increased Smell: Can pick up scents at 180′ and tell the difference between various smells even if some seem overwhelming to others. Creatures that are upwind can never surprise this character.
- Natural Armour (Medium): Scaled armour grant an AC of 6.
- Natural Weapon: Bite is a natural weapon, character can attack once per round for 1d4 damage (+ poison).
- Prehensile Tail: Tail can grapple objects like a hand. +2 bonus to DEX checks when climbing or balancing (+4 if climbing trees).
- Toxic Weapon: Successful bite attack injects Class 4 poison (4d6 damage, save for half).
- Dwarfism: Character is 1′ tall and his tail is another 1 ½’. +1 to hit targets of human sized or larger, -2 damage, -1 AC bonus. Base speed is reduced to 90′ (30′), load limits are 2/3 normal.
- Ophidian Deformity: Base speed is 2/3 normal. However, if character slithers on his belly (using all four limbs), his speed is normal.
- Body Adjustment: The character can heal all of his hit points (requiring one turn, usable 1/day). In addition, if the character is in a life or death situation, he can double his STR, DEX, and movement for 3d10 rounds (usable 4/week).
- Night Vision: Can see in conditions of low light to a range of 60′. Vision is in black and white only, and does not function in utter darkness.
Body Adjustment Stats
- Strength: 24 (+4 Melee Atk & Forcing Doors, +5 Damage).
- Dexterity: 28 (-5 AC, +4 Missile Atk, +3 Initiative).
- Armour Class: -1 (Natural Armour, -2 Dwarfism, -5 DEX).
- Bite Attack: +6 to hit (+7 vs. larger targets), 1d4+3 damage (+ poison)
- Movement (Bipedal): 120′ turn move, 40′ encounter move, 120′ running move.
- Movement (Ophidian): 180′ turn move, 60′ encounter move, 180′ running move.
- Level Bonuses: +1 DEX, +2 to hit, +1 damage, -1 to AC.
- Languages: Unislang (illiterate).
Possessions & Encumbrance
- Combat Gear: None.
- Miscellaneous Relics: Boron solution spray, magnesium firestarter, ion bonding tape.
- Other Possessions: Small backpack (xeno jerky).
- Load Limits: 0-40 lbs medium / 41-100 lbs heavy.
- Current Encumbrance: <10 lbs (light load).
- Movement (Bipedal): 60′ turn move, 20′ encounter move, 60′ running move.
- Movement (Ophidian): 90′ turn move, 30′ encounter move, 90′ running move.