Apollo (Tom’s PC)
Judge Apollo (‘Irons’ to his friends) is a tall bony man, never seen without his black clothes and wide-brimmed that travels the edges of Affiliation territory bringing law and justice to even the most remote villages… usually in the form of point blank pistol shots to the back of the head.
Even in childhood young Apollo Smith was quiet and well behaved. He learned how to read and write at the feet of his stern father, a sergeant militia veteran and after coming of age he followed on his father footsteps but latter his life changed when his detachment found an old cache of criminal law books from before the Fall. While most scratched their heads in disbelief at the complex writings, Apollo and a group of like-minded individuals devoured the legalese with glee and got a unique insight at some of the rules the civilised society of ancient times.
They decided to use it as the basis to form a new group of law enforcers, and in a process that took a few years and several petitions to the Affiliation government the Wandering Judges were formed. These men and women now travel to the outer territories and border areas to ensure that peace and the rule of law are being kept. It is up to them to help solve crimes, bring criminals to justice, hold trials and if necessary apply any sentences.
So far the experience has been mildly successful. While a sentiment of hatred is fast gathering among the areas patrolled it is directed at the Judges and not the Affiliation itself and crime has indeed gone down.
With the ability to turn invisible and detect lies ‘Irons’ has the highest rate of solved crimes and cases so far (as well as the record for summary executions) of all the Wandering Judges. He was extended an invitation to participate in the expedition and accepted immediately, hoping to prove to the Affiliation that the Judges are fast becoming indispensable.
Character Name: Apollo ‘Irons’ Smith, Judge Primary Player: Tom Character Type: Mutant Human Alignment: Lawful Level: 6th Karma Points: 6 (6/adventure session)
Score Modifiers Strength: 13 +1 Melee Atk, Damage, & Forcing Doors Dexterity: 13 -1 AC, +1 Missile Atk, +1 Initiative Constitution: 12 +0 vs. Poison, +0 vs. Radiation Intelligence: 16 +40% Technology Roll Modifier * Willpower: 10 – Charisma: 8 +1 Rx’n Adj, Max 3 Retainers (6 Morale)
* Includes +30% mutational bonuses.
Target Number Energy Attacks: 13 Poison or Death: 10 Stun Attacks: 12 Radiation: 11
Base Combat Stats
Hit Points: 45 (45 maximum) Armour Class: 3 (Metal Breastplate, -1 DEX)
Attack Damage Range Breech-Loading Pistols (MC) +2 1d10 50’/100’/150′ Two-Handed Sword +1 1d10+1 Melee
Opponent’s AC ≤-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6
Opponent’s WIL 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ≥20 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 F
- Fragrance Development Can emit a scent that forces up to 8 HD of creatures, or any single creature with less than 13 HD (or 13 CON) within 15′ to save vs. poison or fall into a hypnotic trance for 2d4 rounds. (Usable 1/day.)
- Control Light Waves: The character can control light, creating a number of effects: becoming invisible, generating darkness (10′ radius, 30′ range), or dissipating laser fire (30′ range). Requires concentration.
- Disintegration: Can disintegrate WIL×10 pounds; range is 90′. Multiply WIL×3% to find the chance of disintegrating metals and stone, or WIL×5% for disintegrating wood or living material. Upon activation, character is rendered unconscious with 1 hp left. (Usable 1/1d6 days.)
- Empathy: Can attune self to the emotions of other beings or instill emotions in creatures on a successful mental attack roll (90′ range).
- Quick Mind: Can learn how to use technology in 1/3 the normal time and receives a bonus of +30% to technology rolls. When confronted with a mental attack, an attacker must roll to attack three times, succeeding each time. Can automatically determine whether someone is telling the truth.
- Level Bonuses: +1 STR, +1 CON, +1 INT, +1 CHA, +1 damage.
- Languages: Unislang, High Tongue (literate).
Possessions & Encumbrance
- Combat Gear: Breech-loading pistols (2, mastercraft, ROF 1/2 rounds, 2 gunpowder horns & 20 shots ammo), two-handed sword, metal breastplate.
- Miscellaneous Relics: None.
- Other Possessions: Backpack (book of law, dried salamander (1 day), waterskin), coin purse (15 gp), ominous black clothing, wide-brimmed hat.
- Load Limits: 0-65 lbs light / 66-165 lbs heavy.
- Current Encumbrance: 76 ½ lbs (heavy load).
- Movement: 60′ turn move, 20′ encounter move, 60′ running move.